Are you looking how to makey money on Youtube in 2023? I have prepared a complete guide step by step to you. I have created this article to walk you through all of the information that you’ll need to know if you want to know how to make money on YouTube.
At the end of this article, you’ll know the different ways to make money on YouTube, and you’ll be able to grow your own business with one of the biggest Internet platforms in the world.
I own a big channel located in Brazil with 184K subscribers – this channel is called Victor Dotti and you can find it out. I recently reached 100 subscribers on my Youtube Channel and may be you wondering to yoursel How much time it takes to reach 100k subscribers. and it took basicaly only 12 months to reach it out.
1. Can You Make Money on YouTube?
The answer is yes. Thousands of people are doing it. And not all of them have millions of subscribers to boot. Contrary to popular belief, YouTube isn’t just a numbers game – your earning potential also depends on the niche you cater to, the level of engagement you generate, and the revenue streams you tap into.
2. Do You Get Paid for Uploading Videos on YouTube?
YouTube doesn’t pay creators for uploading videos on YouTube. Also, the videos aren’t monetized by default. In order to start earning money on YouTube, you have to enable monetization from your account settings.
You only can enable monetization when reach 4000 hours watch time and 1000 subscribers. YouTube gives you the option to join its Partner Program or have your videos featured on YouTube Premium (more on this later).
3. How to Make Money From YouTubeIf you are looking how to make money from Youtube there are different ways to make money there. The most popular way to earn money on Youtube is start to monetizing you own content and earn money from advertisement that run on you channel.
And the second way and more powerful is to sell products or services to your audience. There is no limit in how much you can earn. To be honest I earn money money selling my online course than receive money from advertisement on my channel.
How to enable monetization on YouTube: Log in to the YouTube account you intend to monetize.
- Click your account’s icon in the top right corner, then click YouTube Studio.
- From the left-hand menu, choose Other Features > Monetization.
- Go through the Partner Program terms and click agree.
- Connect an existing AdSense account or create a new one for your channel.
- Define your monetization preferences. After taking these steps, go back to the dashboard and open the Analytics tab on the left. On the next screen, select Revenue from the top and then scroll down until you see the chart Monthly Estimated Revenue. The chart will give you an idea of your predicted monthly revenue. .How many views do you need to make money on YouTube?The number of views your videos get doesn’t correlate to your YouTube earnings. If you get thousands of views, but no one clicks your ads or consumes content, you won’t earn any money.
- YouTube even has criteria for paying publishers running ads on their channel: a viewer must click the ad or watch it in full for you to earn money. That said, there is good news for people learning how to make money off YouTube: You’re no longer solely dependent on advertisers to earn revenue. Programs like YouTube Premium now exist to help you make money without ad clicks or consumption.
4. Offer Channel Memberships
When your YouTube channel gets more than 30,000 subscribers, you can add another income stream by leveraging channel memberships.
This is where fans pay $4.99 a month for a membership package that includes perks like early access to videos, members-only live chat, exclusive emojis, and more. Members will be highlighted in comments, live chat, and the Community tab through special members-only badges.
Because audiences are well aware that it can be a real challenge to get a YouTube creator’s attention, it makes sense to offer channel memberships. And voila, you’ve got another answer for how to make money from YouTube.
Pro tip: Use your videos to remind people that they can become exclusive members by clicking the “Join” button on your page.
5. Endorse Affiliate Products in Your Videos
Businesses are well aware of the potential which YouTube channels with a large following have, and they’re always looking to exploit this to grow their own business.
Once you’ve garnered a substantial following on the platform, you’ll likely experience businesses reaching out to you and requesting you to promote their products in exchange for cash.
Consider becoming an affiliate of these brands and including product placements in your videos. You can also sign up for popular affiliate programs to expand your affiliate network.
It can be a great way to generate some extra revenue, but be careful when doing this, as viewers are well aware when something is being advertised.
6. Monetize Live Streams via Super Chat
Super Chat is a popular new way to make money from YouTube. The feature lets your audience buy chat messages that stand out and, in certain instances, pin them to the top of the comments section of a live stream. So, when you go live on YouTube, you can use Super Chat to monetize your stream.
YouTube monetization rates for Super Chat range from $1 to $500, and the company takes a 30% cut from the revenue. For anyone wondering how to make money from YouTube Super Chat, the key is to organize and promote live streams.
Promote them in videos, on other social media platforms, and anywhere else where your audience loves hanging out.
7. Become a YouTube Influencer
With influencer marketing on the rise, there’s a big opportunity for you as a creator to get in on the action.
But where do you start? According to YouTube marketing expert and influencer Brendan Gahan, creators should establish a flat fee by taking the number of views their videos typically receive and multiplying it by 15 cents per view.
Digital marketing agency WebFX listed the following figures for how much YouTube influencers can expect to earn:
- $20,000 per video for a creator with a million subscribers
- $2,000 per video for a creator with 100,000 subscribers
- $200 per video for a creator with 10,000 subscribers
The key to earning more is to partner with brands whose products are valuable to your audiences.
Here are some influencer marketplaces for being discovered by potential partners:
- Channel Pages – Partner with brands as well as other YouTubers
- Grapevine Logic – Requires just 1,000 followers to join
Some influencer marketing platforms will connect you with big brands willing to pay high, while others will get you free products. Agree to opportunities that best suit your needs.
8. Lead Viewers to Your Products
It doesn’t matter whether you’re already running an ecommerce business, or you’re just looking to learn how to make money from YouTube, it’s a great idea to promote your products on your channel. You can promote the items in both your videos and your descriptions — it’s a great way to generate more traffic to your website.
If you haven’t already set up your store, you can use Shopify to set up your own store with ease. Once you’ve got your store up and running, you can sell products that make sense to promote to your audience, be it merch, products that you’ve mentioned in your videos, or just items that you think your viewers will be interested in. If you’re exploring how to make money from YouTube, this is a great opportunity.
9. How to Get Paid on YouTube?
Anyone exploring how to make money from YouTube may also want to learn how to get paid by YouTube. As per my knowledge, you’ll need to set up a few things to receive payments from the company.
Firstly, sign up for a Google AdSense account using your Gmail ID, then select your choice of payment from wire transfer, Western Union Quick Cash, EFT (electronic funds transfer), SEPA (Single Euro Payments Area), and checks.
Depending on your location, you may also need to submit your tax details while creating your AdSense account. Once AdSense is set up, you can request payment after you meet the minimum payment threshold. Below is a table from Google showing the threshold value per currency.
Since Google never issues payments for less than the above thresholds, you won’t be able to choose a form of payment until your earnings have reached the stated amount in your local currency.
There are several ways to make money off YouTube. The proven ways are:
- Join the YouTube Partner Program and earn from ads.
- Get your videos up on YouTube Premium.
- Sell channel memberships to your audience.
- Create promotional videos for brands.
- Monetize live streams through YouTube Super Chat.
- Earn money as a YouTube influencer.
- Sell products to your YouTube audience directly.
10. Frequently Asked Questions About Earning Money from YouTube (FAQ)
- When do you start making money on YouTube?
- You can monetize your YouTube account as soon as you’re accepted into the Partner Program. Before that, you can try landing sponsorships from brands that pay creators to make good content. If you run an ecommerce store, you can start making money on YouTube the same day you create an account by promoting your items through the platform. Just make sure to spread the word beforehand that you’ll be showcasing your products and leaving links through your channel.
- How many subscribers do you need to make money on YouTube?
- You need 1,000 subscribers to apply for the YouTube Partner Program, which allows you to monetize your channel and earn revenue from ads.
- How many YouTube views do I need to make $100?
- Several factors determine how much you can earn from YouTube. Video creators get paid per click on in-video and banner ads. So you could get 10,000 views or 10,000 views and make $100. It depends on how relevant the ads are to your audience and whether they click or ignore them.
- How much money does 1 million YouTube views make?
- According to the earnings data collected by Business Insider, a video creator with 1 million YouTube views will net between $3,400 and $40,000
11. Frequently Asked Questions about Making Money on YouTube
- 1. How many views do you need on YouTube to earn money?
The number of views alone does not determine your earnings. To make money, viewers must engage with the ads, either by clicking on them or watching them in full (10, 15, or 30 seconds), as per YouTube’s criteria for billing advertisers.
- 2. How much do YouTubers get paid per 1,000 views?
On average, a YouTube channel earns around 18 cents per view, which translates to approximately $180 per 1,000 views, according to data from Influencer Marketing Hub.
- 3. Do you get paid for uploading videos on YouTube?
YouTube does not directly pay creators for uploading videos. Monetization is enabled through your YouTube account settings, allowing you to earn money from ads. You can join the YouTube Partner Program or have your videos featured on YouTube Premium.
- 4. How do YouTubers make money on YouTube?
YouTubers generate income through various methods, including:
– Joining YouTube’s Partner Program
– Selling products or merchandise
– Fan funding
– Licensing content to media outlets
– Collaborating with brands as influencers
– Becoming an affiliate marketer
- 5. How can you earn money on YouTube without creating videos?
If you don’t want to produce your own videos, you can utilize YouTube’s library of videos under the Creative Commons license. This allows you to publish other creators’ content and earn money from it. If you find a video with a CC-BY license, you can customize and use it to your preference.
In this article you learn how to make money on Youtube in 2023. Remember, building a successful YouTube channel takes time, effort, and dedication.
Consistency, quality content, and audience engagement are key factors in increasing your chances of making money on YouTube. YouTube offers a great opportunity for individuals to make money by creating and sharing videos.
By following the steps outlined above, you can establish your presence on the platform, attract an audience, and monetize your content through various means, such as ad revenue, sponsorships, and merchandise sales.
However, it’s important to note that building a successful YouTube channel requires consistent effort, high-quality content, and audience engagement. It may take time to see significant earnings, but with dedication and a strategic approach, you can increase your chances of success on YouTube in 2023 and beyond.
May you would like to read Top 7 Affiliate Platforms and Networks in 2023